One aspect under Erasmus+ is the possibility to take part in a traineeship before/after graduation in European countries participating in Erasmus+. This could be interesting to future graduates who wish to expand their international experience and/or strengthen their CVs.
The following points for attention are applicable:
- The duration of the traineeships must be 2 months as the realization of FCT or post graduation.
- The receiving organization can be a any public or private organization active in the labour market. For example, such organizations can be a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise, or a public body at local, regional or national level.
- Application forms must be presented in time. Bear in mind that the application process can take a lot of time.
- The high school determines which students are eligible for a grant.
- The high school must fully accredit the traineeship period spent abroad.
- Applications must be described in detail, including assignment, supervisors, duration.
- The level of the grants under Erasmus+ is related to the cost of living in the receiving countries. The payments for traineeships vary from 650 EUR to 750 EUR per month.
- Travel costs are also funded.
- A traineeship abroad is full-time.
- A traineeship in the context of Erasmus+ is at the moment possible in all 28 EU member states. Switzerland is not included in the program.
- IES Puerto de la Cruz – Telesforo Bravo mediates in the acquisition of traineeship places. For more information, contact Eramus+ for higher education Coordinators.
IES Puerto de la Cruz – Telesfor Bravo has been granted with 13 Erasmus+ higher education placements for students traineeships for 2014 – 2015. In vocational training, we are now in a reserve list awaiting for funding.